Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service appertains to stashing and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting company. There are various categories of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's survey these. In this way, you can decide what you want, based on whether you desire to have a blog, email accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain firms, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incongruous interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between autonomous groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various website hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific vendors provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a huge quantity of pics with mates or colleagues since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some companies offer web page hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to run an email address with your domain name but do not want to run a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your website hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to have as many videos as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a site. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mails, upload video clips, and so on. At TSO Hosting, for example, you can see web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific content only.